squirrelslayers hunting forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey everyone and welcome to my hunting forum here you can discuss hunting, trapping, archery and much more!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my season so far

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
trapfever101

my season so far Empty
PostSubject: my season so far   my season so far EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 am

caught my 6th coon this morning. i am just a rookie. so hence the small number of coon so far this season. my goal is 15 but i am beginning to doubt if that will happen.
my season so far P1010710
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

my season so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: my season so far   my season so far EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 am

ouch. looks like that went into the flesh! did it Question anyway good catch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com
trapfever101

my season so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: my season so far   my season so far EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:46 am

yeah, it got him above the pad, and broke the bone. do you think that the trap was to big. it was just a 1 1/2. i know. i hate when that happens. Mad thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

my season so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: my season so far   my season so far EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 am

trapfever101 wrote:
yeah, it got him above the pad, and broke the bone. do you think that the trap was to big. it was just a 1 1/2. i know. i hate when that happens. Mad thanks.

yep it most probably was a bit too powerfull, did that kill it? i know a guy who got one like that, it was a fox and it chewed it's own leg off lol! made tracking it easy Laughing. ill send you a PM in a bit
Back to top Go down
trapfever101

my season so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: my season so far   my season so far EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:57 am

no it didnt kill it. but i am suprised that it didnt chew itself thru the skin, i was lucky to still have him. what size trap do you use for coons. just number 1's. also do you think that a 110 coni would work for coon?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

my season so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: my season so far   my season so far EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 am

trapfever101 wrote:
no it didnt kill it. but i am suprised that it didnt chew itself thru the skin, i was lucky to still have him. what size trap do you use for coons. just number 1's. also do you think that a 110 coni would work for coon?

well i don't trap coons over here but i do trap squirrels using a cage trap and once caugt a fox in a snare. thats why i want to start using fooot hold traps.
Back to top Go down
trapfever101

my season so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: my season so far   my season so far EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 pm

yeah i got ya. that is smart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my season so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: my season so far   my season so far Empty

Back to top Go down

my season so far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
squirrelslayers hunting forum :: trapping-
Jump to: